Home Mortgage Assistance Available for Wood, Marathon, Lincoln, Taylor, Sawyer, and Rusk Counties
The mission statement of the EHAF Program is to insure no resident of the communities we serve remains or becomes homeless. The Emergency Housing Assistance Fund facilitated the creation of a multi-agency consortium in Marathon County that has, to this day, been entrusted with the responsibility of providing homeless prevention services to residents of Marathon County. In every sense of the word, EHAF is a community effort.
EHAF is a one month rent subsidy (partial or full, to be determined by caseworker) for those persons who have a documented crisis. For example a medical emergency temporarily causing loss of hours at work, or an extenuating circumstance causing discretionary income to be utilized for the situation. EHAF is not for a security deposit and/or first and last month's rent. This isn't a fund to help someone move out of their current housing situation. It is for crisis situations and to help people remain housed.
Emergency Housing Assistance is available at our North Central CAP offices in Marathon, Wood, and Lincoln Counties.
Eligibility for EHAF includes:
--Must be a resident of the County utilizing the funds
--Must not have been assisted by this program in the prior 12 months
--Individuals and families have three or more barriers to housing stability as identified in the initial assessment
--Individuals and families must have an income source to be eligible for rental assistance. An income source allows for ongoing rent payments to be made by the client after assistance has been provided. An income may be SSI or SSDI.
--Clients agree to pay their portion of rent and must provide documentation of the payment to the landlord.
--Individuals and families are threatened with an eviction notice or other housing challenges to be eligible for emergency rental assistance
--Individuals and families must be willing to provide required documentation and cooperate with follow-up appointments with their case managers
--Landlords must be willing to work with the clients and guarantee 30 days of additional housing to the client once EHAF assistance is provided
--Individuals and families agree to participate in program follow-up conducted by Agency providing assistance
NCCAP uses the Coordinated Entry Pre-Screen system:
Coordinated Entry means “no wrong door”. If you need housing assistance, rather than apply at several agencies you can complete a pre-screen form to determine eligibility for multiple housing programs in Wood, Marathon, and Lincoln Counties.
Based on your current situation and level of need, you will be referred to the prioritization list. If/when a program has an available housing opportunity, the person or family with the greatest level of need will be contacted and advised of the opening.
Section 8 Housing Voucher Program - Lincoln County only
Description of the program:
This program is a federally funded rental subsidy program for low income persons residing in Lincoln County.
North Central CAP obtains Rental Assistance funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) by demonstrating need through an application process.
The program is designed to give eligible families freedom of choice in finding an existing, decent, safe and sanitary rental unit under rent guidelines (payment standards) established by the government.
· An applicant who meets the eligibility requirements will be placed on the waiting list until a voucher becomes available
· Applicant locates a rental unit within the Lincoln County area
· The housing unit must pass a required health and safety inspection to determine if it meets federal Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
· Applicants may stay in their present unit if the unit passes inspection (inspections are completed to ensure decent, safe and sanitary housing
· Once an approved unit has been located, the applicant will pay an adjusted affordable amount for rent (in general, the family pays 30% of their adjusted gross income for rent plus utilities, and the program pays the balance)
Applicants must be a very-low income family. (The term ‘family’ also includes elderly, disabled, and single individuals as defined by government regulations).
Eligibility is based upon gross annual income and number of people in the family.
NOTE: Eligibility does not mean immediate placement. If the applicant appears to be eligible, the applicant is then placed on the waiting list.
Capistry Town Home Apartments - Marshfield
Capistry Town Homes (CTH) is an equal opportunity housing provider and will not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity. The Capistry Town Homes also complies with all applicable Federal, State and local statutes and ordinances with respect to the Fair Housing and discrimination.
· Application must be complete with no unanswered questions, if the application is incomplete the applicant is denied due to being an incomplete application
· Application is date and time stamped immediately upon its receipt in the Marshfield office location and placed on the waiting list
· If there is not at waiting list at time of vacancy NCCAP will select the next applicant on a first come first serve basis who meets the eligibility criteria
· NCCAP does conduct a criminal, rental and eviction history check with information provided from application of previous landlords, the Circuit Court Access system and with local police department of last known address
Waiting List Requirement
· Completed application
· Established by date and time, oldest applicant first and then working to the newest applicant
· Rental, Eviction, and Criminal history check is favorable
· Homelessness becomes a priority over anyone on the waiting list
· Any applicant that is homeless and put on waiting list should be updated within 30 days of original application and the priority is re-determined
Utilization of a 12-month lease signed by the tenant and the owner
Tenant will be notified by CTH agent 60 days prior to lease expiring that they will need to renew their lease or if there will be a non-renewal of the lease.
Terms of Tenancy and Termination
The Tenant will reside in the contract unit
The Tenant will notify CTH Agency of any changes in the household composition immediately
Tenant may not sublease or transfer the unit
Rents Method Payment:
All rent payments by tenant are paid directly to the owner NCCAP.
NCCAP will hold Security Deposits until tenant vacates the apartment and a positive move out inspection has been concluded.